Policy last updated January 6, 2019
Our mission is to help businesses across the UK access business support and funding that is widely available but not easily found. We also aim to support government funded initiatives with delivery of business support services and work with private sector businesses such as banks, accounting software developers, insurers etc to reach the business community. Added to this our platform will help businesses stay connected and build a joined up UK business support network.
Terms of site use
By using the site, you agree to accept these terms. We have developed these Terms and Conditions to govern your use of the website as well as your use of any other Internet services and channels of Support for Business including, but not limited to, our social media and other channels e.g. Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc. We, along with our affiliates, partners and advertisers, provide content and services to you via the website and other channels subject to the following conditions. Your use of the website and/or other channels tells us you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully.
These Terms and Conditions are a binding contract between you and Support for Business, regarding your use of the Website or Other Channels. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please exit the Website and cease use of any other channels.
Who we are
The site is owned and operated by Support for Business Ltd. Support for Business is a private Limited company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 11020344 with its registered office at Inglewood, Northern Heights, Bourne End, England, SL8 5LE. Our VAT registration is GB289 6367 36.
Site access and prohibited usage
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on the site without notice. We will not be held liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Visitors to the site will have restricted access to parts of, or elements of the site.
Different membership tiers will have access to different parts of the site. If you change membership at any point, then your access will be amended to reflect your membership.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the site, or the entire site to allow for maintenance or updates to the platform.
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out in the 'Content' section below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation; or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or malicious software or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Our goal is to have a rich and valuable content base of business support articles that will help and assist you with your business. Content will continue to be added to the site directly from Support for Business and will also be contributed to from our online community.
Any contribution towards a blog, article or guide will be reviewed by a member of the Support for Business team before being posted on the site. We reserve the right not to publish your article if we believe it is in breach of any rules or not up to standard. This will be at our discretion and is final.
All contributions must be:
- Accurate when stating facts
- Clear and concise
- Business related
- Be your opinion and not those of others
- Comply with UK law
A contribution must not:
- be inaccurate or untrue
- defamatory of any person
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- discriminate based on race, sex, religion, disability, nationality, age or sexual orientation
- Infringe any copyright or trade mark of any other person or business
- Duplicate copy that has been used on other sites, even if the content is originally from you
- Promote illegal activity, sexually explicit material or violence
- Misrepresent you or your activities
Any posts on your wall or interactions with other members must also meet the above rules. Support for Business will not review individual posts on walls or messages to members, but if any interactions come to light that are in breach of these rules then the business will be removed and banned from the site with immediate effect.
Support for Business is not responsible or liable for any interactions between businesses or posts made by businesses.
If you have any concerns then please contact the team at email@example.com.
Information available on the site
Information that is available on the site does not amount to advice and should not be used as such. Support for Business holds no liability or responsibility for any issues arising from use of materials or information given.
You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Links to our site
Links to our site are encouraged, to help build the growing community.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
You must not establish a link in such a way that suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from us when none exists. If you wish to discuss partnership opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to an external site or resources provided by third parties, these links are for information purposes. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over contents of those sites or resources.
Some links on our site will generate us revenue by a user clicking and taking up a product, where this is the case it will be clearly stated or marked as a sponsored advert.
If you take part in any competition which is run on or through the Website (“Competition”), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by Support for Business from time to time (“Competition Rules”) and by the decisions of Support for Business, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Support for Business reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
Advertisers on the website platform
We accept no responsibility for adverts posted on the Website. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises on the Website, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not Support for Business, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
The Website is controlled, operated and administered by Support for Business from its offices within the United Kingdom. Support for Business makes no representation that materials or the content available through the website or other channels are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access the website or other Channels from a location outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Limitation of liability
The material displayed on the site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill; or
- any indirect or consequential loss
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information from visting our site
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. You are expected to check these terms from time to time and note any changes made.